H
A+ A- [A]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:41:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daniel Fast  (Read 7258 times)
Suzanne
Administrator

"I'm Blessed"

« on: July 26, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »

Here's an easy Daniel fast for those who can't do a complete fast.. Suzanne

Daniel fast or diet
Foods to Avoid
Basically, you want to avoid the King's food. Some might sum it up to say that you shouldn't have the King's Burgers or fries. You should probably avoid the golden arches as well. However, many fast food restaurants now have good salads. We often eat ours with salt for dressing.

To avoid the king's food means that we are definitely avoiding all those things that the Jews couldn't eat. We're also avoiding foods that only royalty in ancient days could afford. It wasn't until recent history that most Americans could afford to eat meat or poultry. Today, in most of the world, very few people can afford to eat any kind of meat or processed foods, like the foods in this list

Meat, because Daniel didn't want to take the chance of eating non-kosher meat and/or meat that was offered to idols.
white flour and all products using it
white rice, white bread, hominy and pasta
fried foods
caffeine
carbonated beverages, including diet sodas
Wine or any other alcoholic drinks
foods containing preservatives or additives
refined sugar
high fructose corn syrup
chemical sugar substitutes
margarine, shortening, animal fat, high fat products

Daniel Fast
Foods to Eat
Daniel seemed to eat only things planted for harvest and drank only water. You may want to keep it simple and eat only vegetables and drink only water.

Whole Grains: brown rice, oats, rolled oats, oatmeal, barley, corn, popcorn, wheat
Legumes: dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black eyed peas, green beans, green peas, peanuts, etc. Grain legumes include beans, lentils, lupins, peas and peanuts.
Fruits: apples, apricots, avocados, bananas, berries, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, breadfruit, cantaloupe, cherries, coconuts, cranberries, dates, figs, grapefruit, grapes, grenadine, guava, honeydew melons, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangoes, melons, mulberry, nectarines, oats, olives, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, raisins, raspberries, strawberries, tangelos, tangerines, watermelon, etc.,
Vegetables: artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, gingerroot, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, okra, onions, parsley, any peppers, any potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, scallions, spinach, sprouts, squashes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, yams, zucchini, etc.
Seeds: all nuts, natural peanut butter, natural almond butter, sprouts, ground flax, etc.
Liquids: spring water, distilled water, filtered water, 100% all natural fruit or vegetable juices
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:32:24 AM by Suzanne » Logged

Psalms 27:1  The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Lit4ever Donations

If You've Been Blessed by Lit4ever Ministry, Please Consider A Donation:

[Note: Lit4ever Ministry is a tax deductible 501(c)3 organization.]

HELP US FEED THE HUNGRY

All prophetic words posted in this forum are for 'your prayer and discernment'.

Emergency Food Storage

Amazon.com

eBooks

LifeSource Vitamins

Be sure to click Lit4ever Ministry in the 'referred by' dropdown window when you order vitamins.

LifeSource Nutrition is a God based company that you can trust.

Users

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:41:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 2134
  • Latest: NancyD
Stats
  • Total Posts: 16795063
  • Total Topics: 16791261
  • Online Today: 115
  • Online Ever: 470
  • (October 22, 2012, 01:06:29 PM)