H
A+ A- [A]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 08:03:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Scattering Movement by John Burton  (Read 2339 times)
Suzanne
Administrator

"I'm Blessed"

« on: August 29, 2010, 11:47:25 PM »

THE SCATTERING MOVEMENT

www.detroitrevivalchurch.com
www.praytherevolution.com

by John Burton

To say that I’m concerned would be a gross understatement.

There is a scattering movement in the nation that’s causing deep harm to the mission of the church.

This scattering of believers is so widespread that we are seeing theologies and philosophies emerging that support the idea that it’s actually healthy to disband and withdraw.

It becoming common to hear people say things like, “The church isn’t a building,” or, “I am the church, so I don’t have to go ‘to church’.”

The idea is that people have become so wounded or dissatisfied with their experience in the church that they have decided that it’s not only better but actually biblically acceptable to minimize participation in an organized church setting.

This mindset is threatening the corporate mission to a terrifying degree.

YOU ARE NOT THE CHURCH

If we understand the meaning of the word ‘church’ we could never presume that we alone are the church. That idea is contrary to the origin of the word (ekklesia, meaning “assembly”). In fact, that word has secular origins. It literally means an assembly of people who have been called together by an authority in the city or region. Wow! That sheds a lot of light on what the church is.

The church is an assembly of people organized under defined governmental leadership. It’s a regular gathering of people who are deeply agreed and in pursuit of mission advance with apostles, prophets and other governmental leaders.

Further, the pure definition of the word reveals that it isn’t used as easily in the context of the global company of believers as it is in the regional and local gathering of believers.

The definition reveals that it’s a well defined local group vs. a loosely defined larger group of people (who mostly don’t know each other at all). We can’t be a part of the church if we aren’t gathered together with other parts of the church. Church is corporate.

Additionally, the church is a group of people who assemble, fellowship, pray and respond together to apostolic teaching. That can’t happen in a more nebulous global context.

The church has inherent in it’s core call the expectation of assembly and a corporate response so as to ensure the local mission is fulfilled. Again, a fulfilled mission can’t be realized without this type of intentional and faithful participation at a local level where communication and commonality are clearly defined.

WHAT ABOUT HAVING CHURCH ONLINE?

I agree that there is much to enjoy and gain from this amazing technological world. We can watch church services online (I was watching one myself just tonight), listen to worship, meet Christians in forums and on Facebook, pray for one another and involve ourselves in Kingdom business in very unique ways.

However, if this is the limit of one’s involvement, there are some key issues to be considered:

1. DEVOID OF APOSTOLIC LEADERSHIP—
There is most probably (there are exceptions) no clearly defined apostolic leadership involved. We have to know who we’re called to serve with. We have to all hear, together, in our local congregation, how we are to respond in mission advance. What’s God calling our leaders to focus on? How are we to participate? What are the goals? What steps must we take to prepare ourselves to see this come to pass?

2. LACK OF STRATEGIC CORPORATE INTERCESSION—
While not impossible, it’s very hard to involve ourselves in the number one purpose of the church this way—corporate intercession. We just have to be together to pray with unity and consistency if we are to have the sufficient strength to see significant impact.

3. NO ACCOUNTABILITY—
Accountability and discipline are nearly non-existent outside of the context of the local church. Most who flock from the church and into alternative spiritual activities do so to avoid conflict, accountability and correction from leadership. We have to understand that this is a critical part of the refining process. We must be receptive and humble and ready to be challenged—even if the leaders God established for us are exceptionally flawed and out of touch with our needs.

4. PROMOTES MISUNDERSTANDING OF THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH—
It can quite easily reinforce a wrong understanding of the purpose of the church. I would say this is the most serious issue. The prevailing thought these days is that the church is there for us. Whatever needs we have, we can get many of them met in the church. So, we attend if we are ministered to. Or, we may determine that we can get what we’re looking for without regular church attendance. So, the church becomes unnecessary to us. Friend, this concept is a defilement of the church. I can’t say it any less striking than that. We are called to gather together with other believers to intercede for the nations. We are there to give, to serve, to minister, to pray, to grow. The church isn’t primarily there for us, we are to be there for the mission of the church. We may say that we don’t need the church but have we considered that the church needs us?

I believe the scattering movement is one of the enemy’s most urgent assaults in these current times. He knows the power of unified togetherness. He used that very strategy when attempting to build a tower to Heaven. God himself said that the successful plan of unity would actually succeed if scattering didn’t happen!

Now, when the church must be together continually as we advance against the kingdom of darkness, the enemy has every intention of pulling people out of that mission. The scattering and loose commitment to God’s method of prayer-driven Kingdom advance is resulting in an weak and impotent army.

In a day when less than two services a month equates to ‘normal’ church attendance, I believe we must see the 24/7 church advance in strength, unity, commitment and power. Instead of two services a month, I believe we’ll see it become normal to be in church many times a month as we pray together, receive apostolic instruction, move out in ministry and take the fire of the Holy Spirit to the world—together.

Psalms 27:1  The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Don Martin
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »

Dear Friend:

The scattering of the "church" is good news. Multitudes are done with its hypocrisy, false teaching, idolatry, disorder, powerlessness, false apostles, false teachers, false signs and wonders, manipulation, domination, intimidation, gross merchandising, paid clergy, false doctrines, financial fraud, cheap grace, cheaper salvation, antisemitism, commandment breaking, Antichrist spirit, man made rules and traditions, Nicolatian control of rulership and to say the least total LAWLESSNESS. The christian religious system is being judged for what it is. It's Roman Catholic mother is a whore and harlotry runs in her veins. Your beloved "church" is pagan to the core...it doesn't even know the name of the One it is supposed to be worshiping. The Scriptures say to "Come out from among them and be separate and HOLY." Well, guess what...we are coming out and we are not coming back. Brother, IT IS TIME TO REPENT!!!

Shalom,

Don Martin

PS: When is your "church" going to start making the Jews jealous?

Jenni Davis

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »

I know some of the most amazing people who attend church- and I know some of the most amazing people who don't step foot in one.  In turn, I know some of the most vile people who attend church and some of the most vile people who wouldn't step foot in one.

The common denominator of the most amazing people I know is that they have discovered who Jesus is and what following Him in their own life and heart and mind looks like- it means to walk in a healthy and disciplined love whereever their feet and mind go.  Some of these know they have found truth, some of them just know they have found the simple joy of life- and that is enough- either way they have found God.  And finding God is quite simply learning how to properly love God, self and others in a beautiful balance.  It is in finding God and His love first that teaches us how to trickle down this love appropriately; because if we have not found Him- we will never learn how to do this properly.  And God is surprisingly easy to find to the humble in heart (those who know they need him).

The common denominator of the most vile people I know is they are selfish, jealous, scared, wounded, and lost hearted people I know.  Some of them know it- and some don't- many of them think they are the most pious God fearing people in the pew.  When in truth, they are the ones doing the most damage in representing God I have yet to see and turn many, many from the truth.  You usually can spot these ones easily as they have a long list of stuff you must do, be and conform to- to be accepted.  They suffer under the dillusion they are purchasing God's love- and therefore- so must we.

Do we really think our location is remotely an issue with God? Clearly it is how we live in our words, actions and minds as we live this gift of life he died to purchase for us.  Clearly sin is definded as sinning against God, self and others in acts of love.  When we learn to live in love- we can not sin.  When we learn to live by the laws of love (that only God can teach) we will be completely free. It is true lawlessness is NOT of God, but laws that control do nothing to solve the problems of sin.  There is only one cure for sin and it lies in the mystery of what Grace does to your heart when it is fully realized. I have not yet found words to describe this mystery and how it works.  When my mind and heart attempt to grasp it- I am reduced to the most weak - pathetic sounding "Thank You" in tears- because I have yet to find a better word that decribes the gratitude to thank Him for a gift so large I don't even know the truth of it!  And that seems to come when we have reached the end of our "self" (what we believe).  And again, only God knows just how to bring us there. What did Jesus say to the woman at the well?  I'll print out The Message version.. as they say it very nicely.

John 4

19-20"Oh, so you're a prophet! Well, tell me this: Our ancestors worshiped God at this mountain, but you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place for worship, right?"

21-23"Believe me, woman, the time is coming when you Samaritans will worship the Father neither here at this mountain nor there in Jerusalem. You worship guessing in the dark; we Jews worship in the clear light of day. God's way of salvation is made available through the Jews. But the time is coming—it has, in fact, come—when what you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter.

23-24"It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration."

God's kids are everywhere- I wouldn't dare box God into a location.  But if you want to know who they are the Apostle John says it nicely... "You will know them by their love."

Praise Him,
Jenni

reluctntcavalier

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 12:30:51 PM »

i too have been called away from corporate worship.i believe that the scripture is Rev.18: 4 come out from among   etc... and though you may be correct about the definition in Greek of Ekklesia... if the Ekklesia is apostate then by continuing with them you assist them in the delusion that what they are doing is correct. though leaving without the admonition of God is also incorrect. I am responsible to God  ONLY. I do not answer to man. Though David was called to task by a man..He was directed by God to confront David...I would be very skepticle of any ANY one today who would admonish me: i would suspect they had about 15 hidden agendas, and none of them based on me seeking God's will.  i do agree that there is a lack ofapostolic leadership...hence the seperation. Lack of strategic corporate intercession. I am sorry maybe you mean well but that has the smackings of "in the name of God lets organize this thing"...seems to leave the Spirit high and dry on leadings and unctions...i may have mis-read you but that is what i felt when i read it...having been a missionary, a sundy school teacher , a evangelist/speaker with my wife  at several states and different denominations, Having a deliverance ministry in my home, over the past 40 years, i've seen that for God to get anything done He usually has to go over, around, or avoid any church body. I believe that Don is right. the church  in it's present condition has outlived it's usefulness. If God has not told you to leave then DON"T!!!!  (My wife is still attending church because God is proving to her how useless the organization is. She's trying to reach individuals who feel trapped there and are not getting an answer from the church.) However I do believe that the next move of God will not be within the confines of the present apostosy that has been called the "church".  reluctnt cavalier
Tina Baxley

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:27:07 PM »

Did anyone ever stop to think that the people may be apostatizing a lie, because the so called church seems to be full of them at this point.
Christ said His body was not divided and yet when we have different denominations we have divisions of the body.
I think 2nd Tim. 3:7 says it best--ever learning and never coming to the truth. Truth is a Man in the person of Christ.
Come and learn of Me. In other words come to My school, and I will teach you how to think in a lowly and meek way, that you can act upon it.
prophgirl

Love Bears ALL Things

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 02:08:31 PM »

Good Afternoon,

I would like to respond to this post with scripture and it is very clear "why" the sheep have scattered.

This is all of Jeremiah 10

Jeremiah 10
A Satire on Idolatry
 1Hear the word which the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel.

2Thus says the LORD,
         "(A)Do not learn the way of the nations,
         And do not be terrified by the signs of the heavens
         Although the nations are terrified by them;
    3For the customs of the peoples are (B)delusion;
         Because (C)it is wood cut from the forest,
         The work of the hands of a craftsman with a cutting tool.
    4"They (D)decorate it with silver and with gold;
         They (E)fasten it with nails and with hammers
         So that it will not totter.
    5"Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field are they,
         And they (F)cannot speak;
         They must be (G)carried,
         Because they cannot walk!
         Do not fear them,
         For they (H)can do no harm,
         Nor can they do any good."
    6(I)There is none like You, O LORD;
         You are (J)great, and great is Your name in might.
    7(K)Who would not fear You, O (L)King of the nations?
         Indeed it is Your due!
         For among all the (M)wise men of the nations
         And in all their kingdoms,
         There is none like You.
    8But they are altogether (N)stupid and foolish
         In their discipline of delusion--their idol is wood!
    9Beaten (O)silver is brought from (P)Tarshish,
         And (Q)gold from Uphaz,
         The work of a craftsman and of the hands of a goldsmith;
         Violet and purple are their clothing;
         They are all the (R)work of skilled men.
    10But the LORD is the (S)true God;
         He is the (T)living God and the (U)everlasting King
         At His wrath the (V)earth quakes,
         And the nations cannot (W)endure His indignation.

11Thus you shall say to them, "The (X)gods that did not make the heavens and the earth will (Y)perish from the earth and from under the heavens."
    12It is (Z)He who made the earth by His power,
         Who (AA)established the world by His wisdom;
         And by His understanding He has (AB)stretched out the heavens.
    13When He utters His (AC)voice, there is a tumult of waters in the heavens,
         And He causes the (AD)clouds to ascend from the end of the earth;
         He makes lightning for the rain,
         And brings out the (AE)wind from His storehouses.
    14Every man is (AF)stupid, devoid of knowledge;
         Every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols;
         For his molten images are deceitful,
         And there is no breath in them.
    15They are (AG)worthless, a work of mockery;
         In the (AH)time of their punishment they will perish.
    16The (AI)portion of Jacob is not like these;
         For the (AJ)Maker of all is He,
         And (AK)Israel is the tribe of His inheritance;
         The (AL)LORD of hosts is His name.
    17(AM)Pick up your bundle from the ground,
         You who dwell under siege!

18For thus says the LORD,
         "Behold, I am (AN)slinging out the inhabitants of the land
         At this time,
         And will cause them distress,
         That they may be found."
    19(AO)Woe is me, because of my injury!
         My (AP)wound is incurable
         But I said, "Truly this is a sickness,
         And I (AQ)must bear it."
    20My (AR)tent is destroyed,
         And all my ropes are broken;
         My (AS)sons have gone from me and are no more
         There is (AT)no one to stretch out my tent again
         Or to set up my curtains.
    21For the shepherds have become stupid
         And (AU)have not sought the LORD;
         Therefore they have not prospered,
         And (AV)all their flock is scattered.
    22The sound of a (AW)report! Behold, it comes--
         A great commotion (AX)out of the land of the north--
         To (AY)make the cities of Judah
         A desolation, a haunt of jackals.
    23I know, O LORD, that (AZ)a man's way is not in himself,
         (BA)Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.
    24(BB)Correct me, O LORD, but with justice;
         Not with Your anger, or You will bring me to nothing.
    25(BC)Pour out Your wrath on the nations that (BD)do not know You
         And on the families that (BE)do not call Your name;
         For they have devoured Jacob;
         They have (BF)devoured him and consumed him
         And have laid waste his habitation.

Cross references:

1. Jeremiah 10:2 : Lev 18:3; 20:23; Deut 12:30
   2. Jeremiah 10:3 : Jer 14:22
   3. Jeremiah 10:3 : Is 44:9-20
   4. Jeremiah 10:4 : Is 40:19
   5. Jeremiah 10:4 : Is 40:20; 41:7
   6. Jeremiah 10:5 : Ps 115:5; Is 46:7; Jer 10:14; 1 Cor 12:2
   7. Jeremiah 10:5 : Ps 115:7; Is 46:1, 7
   8. Jeremiah 10:5 : Is 41:23, 24
   9. Jeremiah 10:6 : Ex 15:11; Deut 33:26; Ps 86:8, 10; Jer 10:16
  10. Jeremiah 10:6 : Ps 48:1; 96:4; Is 12:6; Jer 32:18
  11. Jeremiah 10:7 : Rev 15:4
  12. Jeremiah 10:7 : Ps 22:28

Specifically Look at verse 21

Sharon Luzzi
prophgirl@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:13:27 PM by prophgirl » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Lit4ever Donations

If You've Been Blessed by Lit4ever Ministry, Please Consider A Donation:

[Note: Lit4ever Ministry is a tax deductible 501(c)3 organization.]

HELP US FEED THE HUNGRY

All prophetic words posted in this forum are for 'your prayer and discernment'.

Emergency Food Storage

Amazon.com

eBooks

LifeSource Vitamins

Be sure to click Lit4ever Ministry in the 'referred by' dropdown window when you order vitamins.

LifeSource Nutrition is a God based company that you can trust.

Users

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 08:03:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 16795622
  • Total Topics: 16791799
  • Online Today: 121
  • Online Ever: 470
  • (October 22, 2012, 01:06:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4