H
A+ A- [A]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 04:24:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Goodness and Severity of God by Kriston Couchey  (Read 1125 times)
Suzanne
Administrator

"I'm Blessed"

« on: October 22, 2010, 02:28:22 AM »

The Goodness and Severity of God

by Kriston Couchey

Those who have responded in faith to the goodness of God are at a place of discovering the great unsearchable riches of Father's love and mercy.  For we have found NO condemnation IN Christ Jesus. In Christ we are free, we are accepted, and we have no fear. Under the shadow of His wings it is hard to fathom our Father bringing judgment or expressing wrath. In this hour The King is coming to take control of His Church. He comes to separate the tares from the wheat. He comes as a refiners fire. The fire of His purifying love judges wickedness. It begins in His house. Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness...

GOD IS GOOD
And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:18) God is good He is VERY good! A friend of mine the other day said to me, "What is good?" We assume we know what good is as we try to understand it from a human perspective. But, the only true definition for good is: God! Goodness is understood to the extent we are able to comprehend who God is in His fullness. The reality? You and I are limited in our capacity to know fully all there is to know about our God because of the limitations of our flesh.

In Jesus Christ, Father revealed His great goodness and heart of mercy to mankind. And yet, Scripture also says of Jesus Christ: You love righteousness, and hate wickedness: therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. Another aspect of God's character as revealed in Christ is this: God HATES wickedness! God hates the defilement of His people by wickedness. His coming in this hour to inhabit His people will bring great joy to those that are found IN Him, but He also brings judgment to those that claim the Name of Jesus Christ who defile themselves and others with wickedness. The Lord's coming to his church is bringing a time of deep repentance and the reverent fear of the Lord. We are going to come to know Him in both His goodness and severity.

THE SEVERITY OF GOD
The church is about to get a real lifeeducation on the Goodness and Severity of God. Father is NOT incapable of wrath (anger) towards wickedness today. Father allowed me to experience a taste of His tangible wrath a couple of times. One time while leading worship the anger of God surrounded me and was directed at the congregation. He was angry at those who would not listen to His voice and do His will. Like Moses, I began crying out for mercy for people. Another time His wrath was directed toward ME! He let me experience a taste of His wrath that I might know clearly that He does have wrath that is stirred by unbelief and disobedience. Those who say God is incapable of wrath and does not judge wickedness anymore have not tasted His wrath. The testimony of both Old and New Testament scripture is clear regarding God's judgment and wrath towards wickedness. 

For this you know, that no fornicator, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God on the children of disobedience.~Paul~ Where has the truth of God's wrath toward disobedience disappeared to in this hour? Why do our doctrine supersede the truth? Because we have made God in OUR OWN IMAGE! We have defined what goodness is by our own limited understanding and have denied the existence of the severity of God.

JUDGMENT AND WRATH ARE EXPRESSIONS OF GOD'S GOODNESS AND SEVERITY
Judgment distinguishesor separates the profane from the sacred. The release of God's wrath removes the profane while the sacred is left intact and cleansed. The sons of God need to understand judgment and wrath. These have love as their motivation. It is His mercy that brings both Judgment and Wrath. These are motivated by Father's love for people, both are necessary working of Father to purify the earth and it's inhabitants and express the nature of who Father is. He loves His beloved Bride so much He will not allow wickedness to remain and defile or abuse her. He will judge between what is righteous and wicked, and loose His wrath on wickedness and those who refuse to repent of it. God is Good, God is Love, God is Holy, Holy, Holy. And the Day of the Lord is at hand!

HIDDEN IN CHRIST
Oh how great is your goodness, which you have laid up for them that fear you; which you have worked for them that trust in you before the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret of your presence from the pride of man: you shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.~David~ There is only one place of refuge and safety in this hour. That place is abiding in Father Himself, having made Him our refuge. Here is God's goodness: those who fully trust Him will not suffer wrath. Those who have forsaken the worlds comforts to find life in His Presence alone will find rest! The places of refuge and security in the world will be shaken and will suffer loss. But, those who find themselves hidden in the Rock will find goodness and mercy in the hour of tribulation. Not only will they receive goodness and mercy, but they will flourish in the hour of trouble.

Father is raising up a people who know how to walk in His love and mercy (goodness)and know how to walk in His judgment and truth (severity). We MUST know both the goodness AND severity of God to truly walk in the fullness of this hour. For God would have His sons express His nature. They must walk in agreement with His judgments and His heart.

In your judgments oh Lord, remember mercy, (and I know that you will...)

In His Love
Kriston Couchey
http://my.opera.com/Boanerges/blog/
kcouchey04@earthlink.net

Psalms 27:1  The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Jenni Davis

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:24:14 AM »

I have heard "severity" all week..  I have also heard, "The end will justify the means."  This has come in response to some of the discipline I have been told to enforce around me, hard truths I have had to tell.  They make me miserably uncomfortable to perform them, not because I fear people, but because I sometimes feel like I am the Grim Reaper....  I can not tell you how uncomfortable it makes me feel, scared I am not hearing God correctly...  feeling like I am not giving "Grace".... as I define it.  It was just the other day I heard Him say, "For something to live, it must first die."  I am only beginning to understand, but I am relieved, that the wickedness in this world will die...

I have seen a massive, massive storm and Jesus standing against it... His arms thrown back behind Him in like a V formation.  His backward embrace started narrow and formed a wide "V" of people standing safely from the storm... no part of the storm could touch them.  The storm came up to Him and blew against Him, but could not harm Him at all and swirled away from Him and those behind Him.

I also saw a massive tornado come, I have seen them so many times.  But the other night (in a dream), it came again.  Inside my house, that Christ torn down and rebuilt, everyone was completely safe.  But outside everything was completely destroyed.  But the great beauty I saw as I cautiously peeked out the window at the wreckage was that where everything was destroyed- it was growing back brandnew and full of light.  Literal light was in each blade of grass, the most beautiful light.

Although the storms are coming, and are even here, I now understand that they too are a blessing because God is Good.  I know He tore me down, and built me back up... I would never lie and say it was painless.  It was downright painful, there were times I would have rather literally died. But looking back I can see what He had to remove to free me.   It is a blessing he desires to give anyone who wants it.

The hardest truth I have had to face is that we have to willingly volunteer to walk into Him... we can force no one, manipulate no one, beg no one...  We can not hand our desire for Him to anyone else... they have to come to all that willingly.  We are just the barer of the gift.  What each person does with it, is their own will.  Some waste it, some honor it.  What each person decides determines how "free" they get from this world.

I pray that eyes are opened to the hugeness of the gift of Christ, and it He is honored and glorified and many, many, many get free.
Rain

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »

Two more really wonderful way's of expressing what has, and is going on with The Church.
Thank you for sharing them
Smiley

"Arise, shine, for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you!." Isaiah. 60:1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Lit4ever Donations

If You've Been Blessed by Lit4ever Ministry, Please Consider A Donation:

[Note: Lit4ever Ministry is a tax deductible 501(c)3 organization.]

HELP US FEED THE HUNGRY

All prophetic words posted in this forum are for 'your prayer and discernment'.

Amazon.com

eBooks

LifeSource Vitamins

Be sure to click Lit4ever Ministry in the 'referred by' dropdown window when you order vitamins.

LifeSource Nutrition is a God based company that you can trust.

Users

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 04:24:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 2134
  • Latest: NancyD
Stats
  • Total Posts: 16794692
  • Total Topics: 16790905
  • Online Today: 82
  • Online Ever: 470
  • (October 22, 2012, 01:06:29 PM)