H
A+ A- [A]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 07:37:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Need for the Prophetic by Wade Taylor  (Read 933 times)
Suzanne
Administrator

"I'm Blessed"

« on: October 29, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »

The Need for the Prophetic
by Wade Taylor
www.WadeTaylor.org

Jesus was about to appear, and the Church of that day needed a “prophetic voice” to announce the incarnation of Jesus in human form, and give direction and purpose to all that would follow.

“Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came to John the son of Zechariah in the wilderness.” Luke 3:2

This prophetic “voice” should have come from within the church, but the church of that day was not seeking a “present word,” nor were they cultivating the voice of the Lord. Rather, they were concerned with the well being and activities of the religious system of that day. Whenever they were challenged, they referred back to Moses, rather than to the present purpose and working of the Lord in their midst.

Therefore, the Lord separated to Himself, John, the son of a priest. He was called apart into a separated place where he could personally meet the Lord, and come to know His voice.

“Then said they to him, Who are you… He said: I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness….” John 1:22-23

When Jesus appeared, John spoke words that had never been expressed before, which contradicted the expectation of Israel concerning the coming of the Messiah.

“The next day John sees Jesus coming to him, and says, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world. This is He of whom I said, After me comes a Man which is preferred before me: for He was before me. And I knew Him not: but that He should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.”

“And John bore record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and It abode upon Him.” John 1:29-32

The Lord is again about to appear, as we are in a time of transition. Therefore, there is a need for the “voice” of a present day John the Baptist.

Many in the church of our day are not listening for a present word, but rather, are resting in the doctrinal positions which they have been taught. Therefore, the Lord is beginning to call apart those, who as John the Baptist, will hear a “present word,” and who will recognize and respond to the presence of the Lord, when He begins to reveal Himself.

There is a “gathering” of those who are of like spirit; those who are no longer satisfied with their present spiritual attainments, and are seeking to go further. This is not a call for us to leave our churches, but rather to “come apart” into the presence of the Lord, to be trained to recognize the voice of the Lord. These are being prepared to speak the “present word” that the Lord is placing within them.

If you are hearing and responding to this call, first settle the issue that you will be given a message to speak that will not accord with the popular messages of our day. This calling cost John his head.

For us to become this “end-time prophetic voice,” we must abide in the presence of the Lord, and intently listen for and respond to His voice. This requires a separation from other voices, many of which are loud and demanding. There is an acceleration of activity that affects us in every aspect of our lives. The words of Jesus telling us that we are to go into our “closets” and shut the door, so we can pray in secret, has purpose and meaning today as never before (Matthew 6:6).

John the Baptist was called apart, into a time of preparation. Here in the wilderness, he became “prophetic.” When asked who he was,
“He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Isaiah.” John 1:23

In effect, John said, “I am the voice of another, crying.” He was saying, “I have become so at-one with the Lord, that I can express not only His words, but also His emotional feelings.”

The need for such a voice in our day is urgent. We can be encouraged by the fact that the Lord is calling apart many to become a part of this “corporate voice.” This time of preparation requires that we establish a “set apart place,” where we can meet with the Lord - an atmosphere in which we can quickly respond to His voice to come up hither, to sup with Him, and He with us.

The preparation of this atmosphere cannot be accomplished instantly, nor spoken into being. This spiritual sensitivity can only be developed through a continual seeking of the Lord’s presence.

Much value should be placed on the cultivation of an “abiding, anointed atmosphere” in which this impartation can take place. Most of us remember little of the messages we have heard, but if it was anointed and the spirit of impartation was present, our lives were greatly impacted.

The value is not in the words spoken, but in the level of anointing and the spirit of impartation that was present. The Lord has chosen the “foolishness” of preaching to convey His word.

“For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.” I Corinthians 1:21

This preaching is as “foolishness,” because the value is not evident Each word can be compared to a dump truck, which carries a cargo of “Spirit and Life.” The “anointing” is the fuel that moves the “cargo” into us. The “spirit of impartation” causes it to become a vital part of our prophetic enabling.

The Lord is searching today for those who, as John the Baptist, are willing to come apart into His presence, and begin to receive this present word. If you are seeking more than is presently available to you, you are one of these.

“Who is this that comes out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?” Song of Solomon 3:6

You cannot lose by spending quality time in the presence of the Lord. This was the “secret” of the ministry of Jesus.

“The Lord God has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: He wakens morning by morning, He wakens My ear to hear as the learned” Isaiah 50:4

Jesus was in the right place at the right time with the right word. He said that this happened because God had awakened His ear to hear, morning by morning.

If each day, we will begin to diligently spend time in the presence of the Lord, we also will be in the right place, with the right word, at the right time.

Psalms 27:1  The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Rain

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:49:10 PM »

Selah Smiley

"Arise, shine, for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you!." Isaiah. 60:1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Lit4ever Donations

If You've Been Blessed by Lit4ever Ministry, Please Consider A Donation:

[Note: Lit4ever Ministry is a tax deductible 501(c)3 organization.]

HELP US FEED THE HUNGRY

All prophetic words posted in this forum are for 'your prayer and discernment'.

Emergency Food Storage

Amazon.com

eBooks

LifeSource Vitamins

Be sure to click Lit4ever Ministry in the 'referred by' dropdown window when you order vitamins.

LifeSource Nutrition is a God based company that you can trust.

Users

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 07:37:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 16796038
  • Total Topics: 16792198
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 470
  • (October 22, 2012, 01:06:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1