H
A+ A- [A]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 12:11:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edition 11 - Good Tidings of Great Joy  (Read 698 times)
Suzanne
Administrator

"I'm Blessed"

« on: July 16, 2006, 02:54:10 AM »

Edition 11 - Good Tidings of Great Joy

Denmark.

"Kirkeklokken," a Danish gospel paper, reports that through the Pentecostal outburst in Copenhagen recently, many sinners have come to the Savior, many backsliders have been restored to the joy of salvation, many believers have been filled with the Spirit and have received supernatural gifts.

In Wales

"Praise God for another brother here who has also now received the Pentecost with tongues. He went home from here speaking in tongues all along the street. There are others to follow. Glory to Jesus. Tonight five or six brothers are coming here for their Pentecost. O, I do praise God that He sent me to Sunderland to get such a wonderful blessing. Praise His holy name."--W. J. Tomlinson, Lynion House, Grove Place, Port Talbot.

Honolulu

Brother and Sister Turney, who have returned from Honolulu, now on their way to Africa report the work in Honolulu: "We had a glorious meeting Honolulu. The power came down and one young man a captain of the Salvation Army, who received his Pentecost, has now opened up an Apostolic Faith Mission in Santa Cruz, Cal. A lieutenant also received his Pentecost and went to carry the news to London, England. Charley Puck, who had a most wonderful experience, is preaching the Gospel on the Island of Hawaii in the city of Kanuela. They are having good meetings and good attendance. People are hungry for the truth.

London, England

I do thank God that there are a few whose eyes God has opened to see their lack and who have waited upon His in prayer for quite a year and a half ** Ackerman Rd., Brixton S.W., London. God has manifested His almighty power there in the baptism of dear Sister Price and one brother and myself, and I am so glad to send in my testimony to the glory of God and the encouragement of all His children. People are coming from far and near, and no one has been even invited. They just hear how God is working and come. This power was mightily present last Thursday, two sisters being shaken and nearly spoke in tongues. One night the very room was shaken as we read in the Word: "And when they had prayed the place was shaken." Several have had blessed anointings, outpourings of the Spirit and revelations of Jesus Christ. Praise His Holy name.-Mary A. Martin, 319 Southampton St., Camberwell, London, England.

China.

Brother and Sister Garr are in Hong Kong, China, last report. God is using them blessedly. A glorious revival is breaking out. Several souls in Hong Kong have received their Pentecost.

In Macao and Canton, China, numbers have received the baptism with the Spirit. They are hungry for the Holy Ghost. Brother McIntosh wrote, "They come to our house at all times of the day and rap at our door at 11 and 12 o'clock at night, coming to seek for the Holy Ghost, and we stay up till one and two o'clock praying with them, and glory to God, the Pentecost falls and they speak in tongues." Two sisters who received their Pentecost in Brother Cashwell's work in the South have gone over to help Brother and Sister McIntosh. They are Sister A.E. Kirby and Sister Mabel Evans. Address Macao, China, care S.C. Todd.

Sweden.

Bramaregarden, Hisingstad, Goteborg, Nov. 19.-"I am very glad to hear from the old Azusa Mission, my home. I have victory through the dear, cleansing Blood of Christ. Glory to His great name! It is one year today since I came over to Sweden and this city Goteborg. God is still saving, sanctifying, and baptizing with the Holy Ghost, and people are getting healed of God. Last Sunday two got their Pentecostal blessing. We had a wonderful day, the Holy Ghost running the meetings, God's children testifying, praising God, talking in unknown tongues. The fire has begun to fall on small islands near the city. Bless God! The work is still going on in many places in Sweden and God's people are getting more hungry than ever. We trust God to send out more workers into the field. The fire is falling in 'Norrland.' Yet many, many have not heard this Gospel yet. This work will go on till Jesus our Lord comes back. All the saints in Goteborg salute you."-Andrew G. Johnson.

Germany.

"Auf der Warte," a German paper, says: At Cassel many children of God received the fullness of the Spirit after God had cleansed their hearts by faith. Many children of God have put right old debts. Through the speaking in tongues and the preaching, sins and bonds were revealed, and it was clearly taught that deliverance from the power of sin and the experience of heart cleansing are the conditions for receiving the Pentecostal baptism.

The manifestations of the Spirit when the souls were touched were different according to I Cor. 12. Some were knocked down to the floor, some were overflowed gently while sitting in their chairs. Some cried with loud voice, others shouted Hallelujah! clapped their hands, jumped or laughed with joy. Some saw the Lord not only in the meetings, but when silent in the houses, or in bed, or when walking on the road, god touched their souls.

All that was uttered in tongues as far as it concerned salvation was in perfect accord with Scripture. What the Lord gave to utter about His Cross, His Glory, and the Second Coming was refreshment and comfort for every believing soul. Through the speaking of tongues and prophecy those in the audience received conviction of their sins; which statement is proven by confessions made afterwards to the minister.

The fire is already burning at Grossalmerode. The Lord is doing great things. Many have received the Pentecostal baptism; and the Lord bestowed gifts upon many, especially the gift of tongues and interpretation.

--------

WITNESSES IN ENGLAND

(From reports printed at Sunderland, Eng.)

Children Receive Pentecost

I was present when the two girls, who were the first children to speak in tongues in England, Janie and May Boddy (the two daughters of the Rev. Alex A. Boddy, All Saints' Vicarage, Sunderland), received their Pentecost. It was at the Vicarage.

The nine or ten persons present will never forget the scene. Janie received the interpretation for each sentence, and her childlike simplicity and joy, her beaming face, that I shall never forget, she turned message she received was: "Jesus is coming!" With a surprised look of joy on her face, that I shall never forget, she turned to her mother and kissed her, repeating the words: "Jesus is coming, mother!"

Then her fact became serious. She bowed her head a little and lifted her left hand to her cheek (she was kneeling all the time at the end of the table). Again a foreign language was heard. Then came the interpretation: "The Heavens are opened!" followed by the same jubilant glee.

One message was very solemn, spoken, too, with emphasis: "The first shall be last, and the last first." Coming from such childlike lips, it made a great impression on us all.

Oh, what joy when she said: "Oh! mummie, Jesus has come, and come to stay; oh, good Jesus, good Jesus!" then peals of joybells of laughter.

As she related her experience the next day to a large crowd of children at the Parish Hall, she said, whilst inviting them to seek their Pentecost, "Oh, it is so wonderful, so wonderful!" It was wonderful, it was the Holy Spirit come to dwell within them.

May Boddy had a great revelation of God's power. She prayed so earnestly that she might not "be left out." It was touching, too, to see Janie, who had just received her Pentecost, as she laid her hand on her sister's head and encouraged her; "It's all through the Blood, May, all through the Blood! Jesus is come, He said, May too, May too."

May spoke a long time. Some words were very clear. It seemed as if she was constantly claiming Jesus. His name was repeated time upon time. The words, "Aa, Ja, Jesus! Ja, ja, ja, Jesus!" were distinctly Norwegian, with the correct pronunciation (Oh, yes, Jesus! yes, yes, yes, Jesus!)

These two dear children have been kind and good girls before and loved Jesus dearly but now they love Him much more and are bold to tell others of His wonderful power to save-T.B. Barratt.

Testimony of a Vicar's Wife

After a long time of silent waiting upon Him, God gave me a wonderful vision of Christ in the glory at the right hand of the Father, and from Him came a wonderful light on to me, causing me to laugh as I had never done before. I thought this was the Baptism, for this gave me more power in speaking for Christ, and more realization of His indwelling, but yet God had a more excellent way for me. After waiting with others for months at home, in eager and earnest expectation of His Baptism of Fire, God chose that when the fire did begin to fall here, I should be in the South of England, not able to return until Pastor Barratt had been here for nearly a fortnight, and several had received their Pentecost. God was working in me more than I realized, literally drying up all experience, all spiritual life of the flesh. When I returned home on the evening of the 10th of September, I felt utterly callous, and even, to my surprise, uninterested I could not pray, nor read, nor even think of God, but just rested by naked faith on the Word of God that "I was dead," and only Christ was my all-in-all.

I went to the meeting the next evening, but could not sing nor pray, I just rested in God and asked Him to lead the Pastor to lay hands on me when He wished. Soon the Pastor was "filled with the Holy Ghost" and came to me. When he laid hands on me, I expected a great rush of feeling, such as I have often experienced, as the Life of Jesus thrilled through me body, but I felt nothing. The Spirit then flashed light on to the Word, "They laid hands on them and they received the Holy Ghost." I should like to emphasize that it was at this point of really believing in my heart God's Word, that I had received (Acts Viii., 17), that He began to manifest His presence (the empty cleansed vessel receiving the out-poured gift), and I just rested again in the fact that God the Holy Ghost had come and would do His own work. Suddenly the Lord fulled His Temple and I was in the glory. What followed I cannot describe, and it is too sacred to do so, but I knew God had come. Though never unconscious, I was quite oblivious to everyone around, just worshiping. Then my mouth began to quiver, my tongue began to move, and a few simple words were uttered, as I just yielded to the Holy Ghost. Much to my astonishment, I began to speak fluently in a foreign language-Chinese I think. The Spirit sang through me. The joy and rapture of this purely spiritual worship can never be described. If for no other purpose, I felt at last satisfied that "there was no difference between me and them as at the beginning," Acts xi., 15. Then came a vision of the Blood. As the Spirit spoke that word I was conscious that ALL heaven oh glory! (myself included) was "worshiping the Lamb, as it had been slain." Oh, the efficacy, the power of the Blood. In one moment, what I had believed in for years was illuminated as a reality. Nothing else can take its place, it is the Blood that cleanseth. Then came more words in 'tongues' with the interpretation. "Worthy is the Lamb; Jesus is coming."

People say, "What is the difference now?" Just this, and this is all the difference. What one has held on to by faith in the Word, is a reality. I know, as never before, that Christ liveth in me. The Power to love and believe and witness is there, as never before; and last, though not least, after longing with a hungry heart for years to satisfy my God and Savior, that "He might see the travail of His soul and be satisfied," I thank Him with all my heart that at last He has received from me pure spirit-worship-"mysteries,"-I Cor. 14, 2; John 3, 23. I recognize, as never before, that it is still a walk of faith and obedience, that I am nothing, and Christ is my all in all. I am launched out into the fathomless ocean of God's love, joy and peace. It is "joy unspeakable and full of glory." I thank god for the Pentecostal sign of 'tongues.' I did not ask for 'tongues' but for the Holy Ghost, and He "gave me utterance," and the joy of praising God in the Spirit is truly wonderful.-Mrs. A.A. Body, Sunderland, Eng.

Testimony of a Sunday School Teacher

On Sunday, September 8th, I surrendered my whole being full to Jesus and accepted cleansing through His most precious Blood, and on Monday, September 9th, while reading a little booklet, I got a great blessing form these two verses:-

Nothing to settle? all has been paid,

Nothing of anger? peace has been made;

Jesus alone is the sinner's resource,

Peace He has made by the Blood of His cross.

Nothing of guilt? no, not a stain,

How could the Blood let any remain,

My conscious is purged, my spirit is free,

Precious Blood is to God and to me.

And then I claimed my Pentecost through that precious Blood, and stood firm on the blessed promises in Luke xi., 13, and Luke xxiv., 49, and I praised Him for it until Friday, September 13th. Oh, that glorious night when Christ came into my heart in all His fullness. It was about twenty minutes to nine when I went into the meeting and they were singing "Rest in the Lord," the message He gave me on Thursday, Psalm xxxvii., 7. A dear sister gave me the card with "Now I give up all to Jesus" on, and told me to let all go and just yield to Him, and oh, the unspeakable joy that flooded my soul when I, in simple faith, let my whole heart go. It was Jesus Himself who came in, glory to His Name. I could have shouted Glory, Hallelujah! all the way home. On Sunday, September 15th, we had a prayer meeting at a friend's house and the Spirit fell mightily upon me and I spoke in a strange language. Oh, it's all Glory, Glory, Glory, I cannot explain the joy and peace I now have, but I know it is all through the precious Blood of Jesus. Praise Him, praise Him.

Testimony of a Yorkshire Farmer

The Holy Spirit came upon me on Sunday night, showing me the mighty power in the blood of Jesus. The following night it was Jesus himself and the Holy Spirit entering in like a flood. I do thank the Lord that He enabled me to take Him in, or rather, He so melted me that I allowed Him to come in. I took Him in all His fullness, that the life of the head might be the life of the member of the body. How unnatural it would seem to see a person going about with life in the head and not the same life running through the body and the head no control over the body. I feel that I want to be like the bed of a river, perfectly still, but wide enough to admit a flood. When I got home on Tuesday night, I was sitting by myself occupied with the Lord, when I got the sign of tongues. Glory to the name of Jesus.

--------

PENTECOSTAL MISSIONARY REPORTS

Since the last paper, Spirit-filled missionaries have gone out from Los Angles to Monrovia, Liberia, Africa, two sisters to South China and a band of nine missionaries to North China. Also a band of fourteen missionaries went from Spokane, Wash., to Japan and China. They were able to talk to the Chinese and Japanese at the dock and on the ship in their native languages. The "Apostolic Light" is now published by Brother Ryan in Tokyo, Japan.

Our dear Brother A.H. Post who is on his way to South Africa from Los Angeles, writes from London, England, "Praise our god the 'latter rain' is falling in England. Glory to our God forever. I do greatly rejoice in Him for this blessed privilege of carrying this wonderful salvation to other nations. My heart leaps with joy and burns with His love for so great a privilege." Address him at 14 Ackerman Road, Brixton, London, S.W., care Mrs. Price.

We never saw a more humble and Spirit-filled band of missionaries than the dear ones that left Los Angeles for North China, going by the way of Seattle where they were joined by others, making twelve in all, besides children. Brother Bernstein, Brother and Sister Hess and six workers from the Swedish Mission, made up the company from here. They went out trusting God alone for their support. Brother Bernsten says, "God has laid it on my heart to go to a new field and open up the work there. It is on the railroad line south of Peking, a big field, and to open our home for any independent worker filled with the Holy Ghost and fire, to come and stay with us until they are sure where God wants them. Pray for a dwelling place and a home convenient for Chinese orphans." We are expecting God to wonderfully bless these consecrated and anointed ones. They are going into the famine district. Address B. Bernsten, Taiming fu, Chih-li, North China.

---

Our dear Sister Farrow, who was one of the first to bring Pentecost to Los Angeles, went to Africa and spent seven months at Johnsonville, 25 miles from Monrovia, Liberia, in that most deadly climate. She has now returned and has a wonderful story to tell. Twenty souls received their Pentecost, numbers were saved sanctified and healed. The Lord had given her the gift of the Kru language and she was permitted to preach two sermons to the people in their own tongue. The heathen some of them after receiving the Pentecost, spoke in English and some in other tongues. Praise God. The Lord showed her when she went, the time she was to return and sent her the fare in time, brought her home safely, and used her in Virginia and in the South along the way.

--------

There is no man at the head of this movement. God Himself is speaking in the earth. We are on the verge of the greatest miracle the world has ever seen, when the sons of God shall be manifested, the saints shall come singing from the dust (Isa. 26:19) and the full overcomers shall be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. The political world realizes that some great crisis is at hand, the scientific world, the religious world all feel it. The coming of the Lord draweth nigh, it is near, even at the doors.

End of Page One

THE APOSTOLIC FAITH

312 Azusa Street

Psalms 27:1  The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Lit4ever Donations

If You've Been Blessed by Lit4ever Ministry, Please Consider A Donation:

[Note: Lit4ever Ministry is a tax deductible 501(c)3 organization.]

HELP US FEED THE HUNGRY

All prophetic words posted in this forum are for 'your prayer and discernment'.

Amazon.com

eBooks

LifeSource Vitamins

Be sure to click Lit4ever Ministry in the 'referred by' dropdown window when you order vitamins.

LifeSource Nutrition is a God based company that you can trust.

Users

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 12:11:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 2134
  • Latest: NancyD
Stats
  • Total Posts: 16794689
  • Total Topics: 16790902
  • Online Today: 148
  • Online Ever: 470
  • (October 22, 2012, 01:06:29 PM)